Greeters are volunteers who welcome you to share their love for their city, village or area in an enthusiastic and hospitable manner.
A Greeter from Troyes and Aube will take you for a walk for a couple of hours around the place where he lives, free of charge. You will experience his/her city in a unique way, off the beaten track, from the perspective of a locals’ knowledge and introduction to what makes the Aube county a charming and exciting place to visit.
The Association Troyes dès l’Aube GREETERS was born in 2011 and is part of the Global Greeter Network, more than 150 destinations in the world and 80 in France!
Looking for an enriching and original holiday or trip, meeting new people? Then come and visit us as a friend of us…!
Meet a greeter means meet a local and get personal, original and unexpected advice & new ideas, in order to discover things in a different way, and to know more about the local way of life.
You will find all you have to know to prepare your meeting with a greeter by consulting our advice for the meeting.
Fill in the form preferably 8 days before your arrival to register for a meeting with a Greeter.
- We prefer corresponding by e-mail.
- If you plan to stay several days in Aube, try to organize a meeting with a Greeter at the beginning of your stay.
- Greeters are non professional volunteers. They are not providing you with a guided tour of the area. What they have to tell you or to show you about the place where they live, is a non professional speech, do not forget it!
- All Greeter walks take place by foot or using public transport if possible. If a car is needed, everyone must take his own vehicle.
- You will receive an email asking if you enjoyed your meeting with a greeter and if you have any comment to do.